BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Group 3 - Exceptional

Prelim Task Group 1E - "I've been expecting you"

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Q6 - What have you learnt from completing this task? Looking ahead, how will this learning be significant when completing the rest of your foundation coursework, do you think?

From completing this preliminary exercise I have learnt that when planning, filming and editing in the foundation coursework it is important to consider continuity because without it the film will not flow. Instead it will confuse the audience and disrupt the seamless narrative. Ways in which to ensure that continuity is sustained throughout, that we did/could have used in the prelim. are: match on match action, 180 degree rule and shot-reverse-shot.

I have also learnt how the filming process should run, i.e. the director checking that sound and camera are ready, etc. This will aid me in my future coursework because I will be sure of how everything is supposed to be done and hopefully it will help the process run smoothly.


Finally I have learnt that simplicity can still be very effective when carried out in the right way. This will help when brainstorming ideas for the opening sequence because it will remind me to focus on achievable ideas that can still produce maximum effect.

0 comments: